h-index: 39 (Web of Science), 46 (Google Scholar).
Total peer-reviewed publications: > 80 (29 first-author)
Papers published since 2018 are listed below.
A complete list can be found on my Google Scholar profile.
- S Kim, LR Leung, B Guan, JCH Chiang Atmospheric River Representation in the Energy Exascale Earth System Model (E3SM) Version 1.0. Submitted to Geoscientific Model Development Discussions, 2021
- Kim S, Chiang JCH. Atmospheric River Lifecycle Characteristics Shaped by Synoptic Conditions at Genesis. In press for International Journal of Climatology, June 2021
- Ao, Hong, Eelco J. Rohling, Ran Zhang, Andrew P. Roberts, Ann E. Holbourn, Jean-Baptiste Ladant, Guillaume Dupont-Nivet et al. “Global warming-induced Asian hydrological climate transition across the Miocene–Pliocene boundary.” Nature communications 12, no. 1 (2021): 1-13.
- Chiang, J.C.H., Cheng, W., Kim, W.M. and Kim, S., 2021. Untangling the relationship between AMOC variability and North Atlantic upper‐ocean temperature and salinity. Geophysical Research Letters, p.e2021GL093496.
- Hwang, Y.T., Tseng, H.Y., Li, K.C., Kang, S.M., Chen, Y.J. and Chiang, J.C.H., 2021. Relative roles of energy and momentum fluxes in the tropical response to extratropical thermal forcing. Journal of Climate, 34(10), pp.3771-3786.
- Luković, J., Chiang, J.C.H., Blagojević, D. and Sekulić, A., 2021. A later onset of the rainy season in California. Geophysical Research Letters, 48(4), p.e2020GL090350.
- Kong, W. and Chiang, J.C., 2020. Southward shift of westerlies intensifies the East Asian early summer rainband following El Niño. Geophysical Research Letters, 47(17), p.e2020GL088631.
- Chiang, JCH, W Kong, C-H Wu, and DS Battisti. Origins of East Asian Summer Monsoon Seasonality. Journal of Climate, 33(18), 7945-7965; DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-19-0888.1
- Chiang, JCH, MJ Herman, K Yoshimura, and IY Fung. Enriched East Asian oxygen isotope of precipitation indicates reduced summer seasonality in regional climate and westerlies. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Jun 2020, 117 (26) 14745-14750; DOI:10.1073/pnas.1922602117
- Ji, J., Ma, J., Dong, C., Chiang, J.C. and Chen, D., 2020. Regional Dependence of Atmospheric Responses to Oceanic Eddies in the North Pacific Ocean. Remote Sensing, 12(7), p.1161.
- Friedman, A. R. , G. C. Hegerl, A. Schurer, S.-Y. Lee, W. Kong, W. Cheng, and J.C.H. Chiang. Forced and unforced decadal behavior of the interhemispheric SST contrast during the instrumental period (1881–2012): contextualizing the abrupt shift around 1970. Journal of Climate, 33(9) 3487-3509; DOI: 10.1175/JCLI-D-19-0102.1
- Kong, W, and J.C.H. Chiang, 2020. Interaction of the westerlies with the Tibetan Plateau in determining the mei-yu termination. Journal of Climate, 33, 339–363, DOI: 10.1175/JCLI-D-19-0319.1
- Lamy, F., Chiang, J.C., Martínez-Méndez, G., Thierens, M., Arz, H.W., Bosmans, J., Hebbeln, D., Lambert, F., Lembke-Jene, L. and Stuut, J.B., 2019. Precession modulation of the South Pacific westerly wind belt over the past million years. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 116(47), pp.23455-23460.
- Chiang, JCH, JK Fischer, W Kong, and MJ Herman: Intensification of the pre-Meiyu rainband in the late 21st century. Geophysical Research Letters, 46, 7536-7545
- Hongbin Zhang, Michael L. Griffiths, John C.H. Chiang, Wenwen Kong, Shitou Wu, Alyssa Atwood, Junhua Huang, Hai Cheng, Youfeng Ning, Shucheng Xie. “East Asian hydroclimate modulated by the position of the westerlies during Termination I”. Science, 362, 580-583 (2018).
- Cheng, W., W. Weijer, W. M. Kim, G. Danabasoglu, S.G. Yeager, P.R. Gent, D. Zhang, J.C.H. Chiang, and J. Zhang. Can the salt-advection feedback be detected in the internal variability of the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation? Journal of Climate, 31, 6649-6667 (2018).
- Wu, C.-H., S.-Y. Lee, and J.C.H. Chiang. Relative Influence of Precession and Obliquity in the Early Holocene: Topographic Modulation of Subtropical Seasonality during the Asian Summer Monsoon”. Quaternary Science Reviews, 191, 238-255.
- Chiang, J.C.H., K. S. Tokos, S.-Y. Lee, and K. Matsumoto. “Contrasting impacts of the wintertime South Pacific Split Jet and the Southern Annual Mode modulation on Southern Ocean circulation and biogeochemistry”. Paleoceanography and Paleoclimatology, 33(1), 2-20 (2018).