OPA Home >> Our Berkeley >> Undergraduate Admissions
Click on the navigation boxes/arrows that appear at the top of each page to move through the dashboard.
Download this data here (Last updated on October 18, 2023)
Sources & Methodology:
- Undergraduate admissions data is available in Berkeley's data warehouse reporting system, Cal Answers.
- On the "Academic Indicators" page, the GPA data shown is a compilation of the last 3 complete application cycles. Note that the high school GPAs range from 0-5 because they're weighted for honors, AP, and IB courses.
- We count each transfer student under their most recently attended prior school (usually a California community college), not necessarily the prior school where they received the most credits.
Notes on Other Available Data:
- The UC Information Center also publishes data on undergraduate admissions. The data they report is substantially the same as shown here, although there are some minor differences due to timing. In addition, UCOP shows only Fall data, while this dashboard shows Fall and Spring combined admissions data.
- The National Center for Education Statistics (often referred to as "IPEDS," the name of their primary data collection program for postsecondary institutions) also shows only Fall admissions data, not full year.
- UC Berkeley's Office of Undergraduate Admissions provides extensive information about the undergraduate admissions process. Counts shown on this dashboard may differ slightly from OUA's website due to timing differences.