OPA Home >> Our Berkeley >> Undergraduate Admissions
Click on the navigation boxes/arrows that appear at the top of each dashboard page to see additional information.
Download this data here (Last updated on Oct. 19, 2018)
Sources & Methodology:
- Undergraduate admissions data is available in Berkeley's data warehouse reporting system, Cal Answers. You should consider the most recent year of data shown in this dashboard to be preliminary until the end of that application cycle (late October of that academic year's fall semester).
- On the "Academic Indicators" page, we have converted all pre-2016 SAT scores to the new 2016 scoring format, using the College Board's concordance tables. The test score and GPA data shown here is a compilation of the last 3 complete application cycles. Note that these high school GPAs range from 0-5 because they're weighted for honors, AP, and IB courses.
- On the "Acad Indicators by Residency" page, the test score and GPA data shown here is only from the most recently completed admissions cycle. Note that these high school GPAs are unweighted, and range from 0-4.
- We count each transfer student under their most recently attended prior school (usually a California community college), not necessarily the prior school where they received the most credits.
Notes on Other Available Data:
- The UC Information Center also publishes data on undergraduate admissions. The data they report is substantially the same as shown here, although there are some minor differences due to timing. In addition, UCOP shows only Fall data, while this dashboard shows Fall and Spring combined admissions data.
- The National Center for Education Statistics (often referred to as "IPEDS," the name of their primary data collection program for postsecondary institutions) also shows only Fall admissions data, not full year. The SAT and ACT score data reported in IPEDS is therefore slightly different than shown on this dashboard.
- UC Berkeley's Office of Undergraduate Admissions provides extensive information about the undergraduate admissions process.