OPA Home » Our Berkeley » UC Undergraduate Experience Survey
Exploring the UC Undergraduate Experience Survey Results
The UC Undergraduate Experience Survey (UCUES) is a system-wide survey of all undergraduates and serves multiple analytic needs on the Berkeley campus. In addition to being used in the Academic Program Review process, UCUES results are used to assess the campus climate for diversity and inclusion, the undergraduate advising experience, and students' satisfaction with access to courses. UCUES is administered every other year (e.g., 2014, 2016, 2018), and about 1 in 3 Berkeley undergraduates responded to this survey in 2018.
Explore the Data
Sources & Methodology:
- Data comes from the UC Undergraduate Experience Survey (UCUES) . To protect the confidentiality of survey responses, a small number of responses were removed from the 2014 results to avoid cell sizes smaller than 5.
Notes on Other Available Data:
- Analysis and stats related to financial aid and housing:
- General Financial Aid Facts.
- Cost of Attendance.
- Using Institutional Survey Data to Understand the First Year Undergraduate Experience.
- Where Berkeley Students Live.
- Additional campus climate resources available from the UC Berkeley Office of Equity and Inclusion (E&I) and the Office of Planning & Analysis (OPA):
- Where Do We Go From Here? Highlights from the Campus Climate Survey at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Using UCUES to Assess Campus Climate Trends and Current Status at UC Berkeley.
- Assessing Undergraduate Campus Climate Trends at UC Berkeley.
- Access, Success, and Climate for African American Undergraduates at UC Berkeley.
- The Intersection of Campus Climate and the Student Experience.
- The UC Berkeley Climate Survey: From Analysis to Action.
- Additional resources available from the Higher Education Research Institute (HERI) at UCLA which provide additional national context regarding climate:
- The American Freshman: National Norms Fall 2016.
- 2016 Research Brief on Diverse Learning Environments.
- Findings from the 2015 Diverse Learning Environments Survey.
- Resources for current students:
- Additional Presentations and Reports are available on the Office of Planning & Analysis UCUES web page.