OPA Home » Our Berkeley » UC Undergraduate Experience Survey
Exploring the UC Undergraduate Experience Survey Results
The UC Undergraduate Experience Survey (UCUES) is a system-wide survey of all undergraduates and serves multiple analytic needs on the Berkeley campus. In addition to being used in the Academic Program Review process, UCUES results are used to assess the campus climate for diversity and inclusion, the undergraduate advising experience, and students' satisfaction with access to courses, among many other things. UCUES is administered every other year (e.g., 2016, 2018, 2020), and over 40% of Berkeley undergraduates responded to this survey in 2020.
Sources & Methodology:
- Data comes from the UC Undergraduate Experience Survey (UCUES). To protect confidentiality, this dashboard only shows groupings of at least 6 responses.
- In the summarized ethnicity counts for this dashboard, we use an "Asian/Pacific Islander" grouping, rather than including Pacific Islander under Underrepresented Minority, in order to remain consistent with UC Office of the President reporting on UCUES results. The "Explore the Data" page includes an option to view the data by detailed ethnicity, if you want to see results for each group separately.
Notes on Other Available Data:
- Financial aid and housing:
- General Financial Aid Facts
- Cost of Attendance
- Using Institutional Survey Data to Understand the First Year Undergraduate Experience
- Additional resources available from UC Berkeley and the University of California's Office of the President:
- My Experience Survey
- MyVoice Survey
- 2020 UC Accountability Report
- UCUES Common Items Longitudinal Analysis dashboard at the UC Info Center
- Additional resources available from the Higher Education Research Institute (HERI) at UCLA, which provide additional national context:
- The American Freshman: National Norms Fall 2019
- Findings from the 2019 Administration of the Diverse Learning Environments (DLE) Survey
- Resources for current students:
- Additional Presentations and Reports are available on the Office of Planning & Analysis UCUES web page.