OPA Home » Our Berkeley » Overall Average GPA by Major
Overall Average GPA by Major
Download this data here (Last updated on October 13, 2020)
Sources & Methodology:
- Data comes from UC Berkeley's data warehouse reporting system, Cal Answers.
- Overall Average GPA is defined as the cumulative grade point average at the time of graduation, based on classes taken at UC Berkeley, other UC campuses, UC Education Abroad Program (EAP), Fall Program for Freshmen, and Concurrent Enrollment (through UC Berkeley Extension). The GPA is for all classes taken for a letter grade, not only those required for a particular major.
- Standard deviation values shown in this dashboard are population-based.
- Students with multiple majors are counted under each of their majors.
- To protect student privacy, this dashboard shows only data for majors with 5 or more degree recipients in a given academic year. If a major is not listed or if data is not displayed for a given year, the program had fewer than 5 degree recipients.
- An academic year comprises the summer, fall, and spring semesters. For example, 2015-16 includes data for students who graduated in Summer 2015, Fall 2015, and Spring 2016.